I love having an excuse to spend time making families out of Play-doh, painting with watercolors, coloring in a coloring book or any other past time that my 3 year old enjoys. It's good for the soul.
My favorites are slow meandering walks. I love the way toddlers run here and there looking at everything but going nowhere. And then they get to be big enough to have conversations while you're walking together. Those are great.
On the other hand, I hate playdoh passionately. Irrational, I know, but I cringe whenever some well-meaning soul gives it to the child to bring into my house. I prefer to let them play with the pie dough scraps. Which, when you think about it, is at least as messy. But sometimes I can convince the kids to bake them with butter and cinnamon and sugar after they're done shaping them. The ones that haven't been smeared on the floor, that is.
3 comments:
So true! Coloring is my therapy. :)
My favorites are slow meandering walks. I love the way toddlers run here and there looking at everything but going nowhere. And then they get to be big enough to have conversations while you're walking together. Those are great.
On the other hand, I hate playdoh passionately. Irrational, I know, but I cringe whenever some well-meaning soul gives it to the child to bring into my house.
I prefer to let them play with the pie dough scraps. Which, when you think about it, is at least as messy. But sometimes I can convince the kids to bake them with butter and cinnamon and sugar after they're done shaping them. The ones that haven't been smeared on the floor, that is.
Post a Comment