Sunday, November 17, 2013

Part 5: Flashback to Hawaii Summer 2011

Macademia Nut Farm and Iolani Palace

We did a short stop in to this little place

 Think of a flavor...they had it.  And the best part is they had bowls out to sample everything!







 Nuts in the raw


Iolani Palace Tour in Honolulu

 When Hawaii was once it's own kingdom, this is where the royal family resided.


 Just a cool tree I loved.

Coronation gazebo


Natalie and I slipper up, she was excited to be old enough to go in for the tour.


Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take any photos inside the palace.  I really enjoyed the tour here though and learned more about the royal Hawaiian family, their advancements in the world, and the mistreatment of them in the end.


Waikiki and and The International Marketplace

Fun outdoor market


Check out the trees above us!

 Once again, I loved the amazing banyan trees




It was really crowded that day in the market...so I took extra precautions.






 Just a lil' of the local scenery


 *And that wraps up the week that Sandberg Grandparents joined us in Hawaii.  It was a great time, and we loved sharing a little bit of our lives there with them.


No comments: