Thursday, February 20, 2014

October 2011

October 2011 Happenings

Canned peaches.  We like to buy the seconds in boxfuls and then spend a day canning.

Simmering Peaches ready to can

Boiling, peeling, slicing, canning, a long but fun process that brings us together and makes for yummy food storage.  So satisfying.

Grape juice from Sandberg Grandparents concord grape vines.  So delicious.  Kids love this stuff.

Raspberry Jam!  Only a few jars left after I had to give some to friends.  (Matt doesn't like it when I give too many away.)  :)

And luckily I married a man who likes to help in the kitchen.  I probably wouldn't attempt to do this with out his help.  He often takes the lead in it.

Rebecca working wonders

My domestic husband, love him!

Cousins spend the night

Matt, Natalie, Libery, Ashton, Logan (who you can't really see), and Kimball playing the Train Game.  Love these kids.

 Scooter fun at Mike and April's

Matt and excited Amelia take a turn

Matt with reluctant Natalie

 Around home

Amelia and friend Beth on front steps

My little chef, Amelia

Sam discovering the stairs


Sam learning about football

Love the little teethers coming in

MBASA Kids Fieldtrip to Fall Festival

Amelia with soccer friend Olivia

Amelia making a corn angel

This was a huge pit of corn kernels that the kids loved to play in


And you gotta have a hay ride

 Walsman Family Time at Park Near Our Townhouse


Sam and Porter being toddlers

Janika, Carrie, April with Nicole, Natalie, and Amelia

Laurel and Jenny

Having Fun at the Park

Porter and Sam sit the games out

Natalie, Amelia and preschoo Friend at BYU's Museum of Peoples and Cultures

For being a shy girl at times, she had no fear wearing this for silly hat day!  Love her.             

Halloween Fun

Tinkerbelle ready for preschool

What a beautiful little Tink.

Can we get one picture please?

Rapunzel and Tinkerbell

Chicken little...except he was too small his first Halloween, and I think he's outgrown the costume by his 2nd Halloween.  Oh well...his natural cuteness makes up for it. 

It looks like I took this picture in the summer time.  But I swear it was fall and Halloween.

 Slate Canyon Ward Trunk or Treating

Slate Canyon Friends trunk or treating.  We sure grew to love the people in this ward.

Amelia excited to trunk-or-treat with our ward

My fall, patriotic, football motif for the Trunk Decorating Competition
Much better with the cute doggie in the trunk.
Natalie with friends Makayla (also Rapunzel), and Berrett girl, and our favorite babysitter in the ward
The Wilson boys

Fall Walk up Heber Creek Canyon

Amelia making leaf angels


Sam just enjoying the leaves and sporting a Harvard sweatshirt...foreshadowing his future??

Matt and kids by creek, throwing rocks.  A favorite pastime for one and all.


Natalie was begging to take our picture.  As you can see, I am rarely in photos because I'm always the picture taker. 

The boys I love.

Natalie being Natalie.

Girl hugs.

Cool grass by creek.

 Natalie's Kindergarten Class Halloween Fun


Coolest teacher EVER!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and guitar player.  Mrs. Jepsen was such an amazing teacher.  And I loved her class rules and routines.  She always closed the school day with rug time and songs with the kids.

Natalie's Kindergarten Class

I got to help out for all the parties in Natalie's class. 

Natalie with friend Jasmine on Halloween

Trick or Treating in the neighborhood with the Wilson boys and Makayla Grossarth.  They ran and ran.  Amelia started getting tired, so I had the stroller near by for her to rest in.  She'd sit in it for one minute and then be up and running again to the next house.  This was the first year they really took their time to trick-or-treat and had lots of fun.  It was after dark when we got home.

No comments: