Sunday, August 10, 2014

April 2012 Review

April 2012 Good times...

The Masters

Hello Atlanta!  A dream trip for Matt with his Dad and brothers Dan and Dave to The Masters.


For all the golf fans out there...Tom Watson
 
and Tiger Woods...


but the winner for 2012 was...Bubba Watson! 




Is it just me or does Matt look 10 years older in this picture??  Searching for the perfect hat... this one was the close second.  Winner hat is in the photo below. 


Matt wants me to note that HE found the hat, and his older brother copied him.  Also worthy of noting- the hats were on clearance because they were from last year's tournament hat selection.  Classic and frugal.  That's my man.




I love this picture of my father-in-law...Tom Watson (one of his favorites) in background.
Father and son

My First and Last Time Skiing
These pictures are rather embarrassing in reality.  A bad memory that I'm trying to turn into a comical one.  This day was much like my first and last day snowboarding as a single adult- a disaster.  Here I am before we head to the slopes of The Canyons...or somewhere in Park City, with all the hope in the world.  It only took Matt 7 years to get me to TRY to go skiing with him.  It was a birthday present for Matt (30th) gone wrong.  In our fantasy world, I would have turned into the perfect model skier.  A natural.   Here's what really happened...

When in the world did Matt get this picture that day?  I look happy and carefree.  (I'm not pregnant even though the extra gloves in my pockets make it look so).  The truth is...we rode up the lift and I pretty much had an anxiety attack as we rode higher and higher.  The anticipation of having to get off the ski lift with out killing myself was enough.  But then I had to go somewhere after that.  For some reason I really do think we were on the hardest "beginner slope" possible.  A narrow path downhill with cliff on one side and trees on the other.  Hello???!!!  I've never skied before.  I was pathetic.  I freaked out.  We had to walk down.  Old and young glided by us gracefully as we trudged down down down the snowy hillside, awkwardly carrying our skis and poles.  Matt was a gentleman and stayed by my side even though I insisted he go on ahead.  SO humiliating.  Get me out of here.  Goodbye.  I consider myself a relatively athletic person, but going high-speed, down a hill, feeling out of control, with possible wipe-outs all around me...no thank you.  I'd rather hike the hills snowshoeing or even cross country skiing (that's pushing it a little though) and enjoy the scenery in SLOW MOTION.

Fortunately the date was not a complete disaster, and Matt although bitterly disappointed because he IS a comfortable and capable skier...still loved me.  (Had this date been prior to marriage...it might have been the last date.)  We took a walk around Gardner's Village to finish off the day to try and cheer me up. 

This definitely helped. 

Stop it.

Maybe there's hope for future Walsman skiers...but it won't come from this desert bred mama.

Easter 2014...Some of Our Family Traditions

I love this image...Matt helping the kids up the stairs to the House of the Lord with missionaries gathered above them.
A favorite Easter tradition for our family is to take a walk around a temple with our kids.  Here we are in front of the Provo temple with swarms of missionaries. 






I love seeing my kids hug.
The fountains are a favorite for the little ones.




Man, I love these kids.


 I'm usually the photographer in the family, but I really wanted some mom shots with my cuties.







 Nice 'stache, Babe.  (It was an experiment).  Matt just looked at this 2+ years later and said, "Never let me do that again!"



The Sandberg Family Easter Egg Hunt in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard.  They're all lining up for the "Go!"
 

 Bewildered Amelia. 

 Matt with our niece Candice Bellows. 

 Another Daddy car ride.  He pulls the ears to tell Matt to go/stop/and turn.

 I love my family.  Just hanging out together. 

'Liza-lou



 Grandma's famous lemon meringue pie and pineapple upside down cake!

 This is where the fun is at.


 My beautiful niece...almost dating age, boys.  Take a number and get in line please. 


My handsome and very cool nephew.  Fully dating age...but currently on a mission.  
He's worth the wait, Ladies. 


Posing with our Easter pictures and baskets in our Provo townhouse. 

 

No comments: