During the week, while Matt is working, here is what kids and I do: your typical household duties- cleaning, food, laundry, kids play with toys around house. We also visit Kahuku or BYU H libraries every week. We go to the beach several times a week. We've had some play dates. Then once a week (at least) I try to take the kids on a fieldtrip. This week we went to the Children's Discovery Center in Waikiki and it was so cool. We all loved it! On our way home, looking for lunch, I found Wahoos (Fish Tacos)- a favorite of mine from Huntington Beach, CA. I'd forgotten there was one here too. Only two in the world. We stopped and ate lunch then hit Walmart on our way home with a scenic drive up central Oahu and around the North Shore back to home in Laie. All in all, one of our better days here. (Too bad Matt had to work.)
![]() |
| Hawaii's Children's Museum |
![]() |
| Colorful and fun architecture |
![]() |
| A little library room within the museum...we could've stayed in here for HOURS! |
![]() |
| All rise, for the honorable Judge Natalie |
![]() |
| The girls took a job at a diner |
![]() |
| Big red chair at entrance, the girls are showing you their hand stamps. |
![]() |
| Inside a large mouth, brushing teethers |
![]() |
| Amelia is a pro at the cash register |
![]() |
| Officer Samuel |
![]() |
| Amelia found a new opthamologist |
![]() |
| Sam stops to help someone with their broken down car. |
![]() |
| Three puppies share a home. |
![]() |
| Learning the traditions of Japan, and thinking of their cousin Tyler serving a mission in Sapporo. |
![]() |
| Who is the bigger baby? |
![]() |
| Working in the pineapple fields. |
![]() |
| To my great relief, I discovered these wall chairs in the bathroom stalls actually work! |
4 comments:
Ummm...sorry to burst your bubble, but there's a Wahoo's here in Colorado Springs. :) Haven't tried it, but I guess I'll have to based on your recommendation.
California, Colorado, Texas, and Hawaii locations to be exact. :) More places to enjoy it!
We love the Children's Discovery Center! And I have had some crazy kid moments in the public beach bathrooms too :O. Thanks for the great pictures. Looks like you are having so much fun. Did you end up renting a car?
Karen
Sounds like so much fun. Living back East and now Hawaii. Wow! Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment