To celebrate Utah's Pioneer Day (July 24th) we went to a festival down in Provo at Pioneer Park (appropriately.) I was really quite impressed. They had a variety of food stands, which we indulged in at the end thanks to Grandma and tried some fish tacos and hawaiian icees...not exactly pioneer food, I know, but it did hit the spot. There were a couple stages of bands or pioneer type songs, a flag ceremony, a car show, craft booths to buy stuff, booths for kids to make butter or other pioneer goodies or crafts, a pioneer museum, a small pioneer village with school, blacksmith, mercantile store, log homes, and teepees and Native American dances. There was too much for us to see before getting too hot and needing to go home for Amelia's nap. Most of the festivities were in the shade actually which was really nice. It was so much fun and I wish Matt could have been there with us. Oh- they also had all sorts of pioneer games set up for kids to play. A very well done event I thought and I'm glad we went.

Rebecca and pioneer girls by covered wagon.

We were happy to have Grandma Sandberg with us. Grandpa was home sick.

Natalie and Amelia in teepee.

Pioneer dress ups. Natalie wanted to dress up her barbie in a pioneer looking dress as well. Then Amelia just had to have a barbie too.

Cool shades for a pioneer girl, no?

Rebecca loved the quilts of coarse. Why am I so intrigued by quilts? Perhaps because I've made some and can appreciate how hard the details would be to make...or at least time consuming.

My mom liked these.

There was also a car show of nice old fashioned cars...i love them!

Here is the one I bought for Matt as a grad school present. You can take it to and from school honey. Forget the bus.

Natalie playing a pioneer game outside the old schoolhouse. You had to wiggle the ropes to get the wooden bear to climb up to the top.

Another shot of Natalie and the pioneer game.

Amelia in her new pioneer bonnet.

Cheesy pioneer girl.
1 comment:
Amelia is adorable!
Post a Comment