Saturday, July 24, 2010

Moving Day


For those who don't know, we are in the process of moving from New York to Utah. This was the house we lived in while in NY for the past 3 and 1/2 years. It was a nice basement apartment and we loved our landlords and friends above us. Why the move to Utah? Matt has been accepted to BYU's MBA program. We are very thankful for the opportunity to live close to family for a couple years and reconnect, and to be able to attend a top 25 MBA program for the price at BYU can't be beat.


Rebecca packing up while 6 months pregnant. Actually, the truth is Matt did most of the packing. I just sat down in the middle of it here to make it look like I contributed. :) We had so much help from friends watching the kids and on loading the truck day. THANK YOU! Plus in the middle of trying to pack up the house, Matt had to take some online courses/tests as prerequisites for the MBA program. STRESS. But to his credit he did awesome on them! (Even with all the stress of everything else.)


Here are some of the troops of men that came to help us on a Saturday to load our truck and take the stuff to storage. Much to our surprise and embarrassment- it didn't all fit. Joe Hallaran saved the day and put the last couple things in his van. I still feel bad about torturing these guys that day though. They gave their entire day to help...it was hot...and at the storage unit they had teeny carts to use as they loaded all the stuff down an elevator to our unit. (I know...I know...) Believe me, I wasn't fully aware of the circumstances of it till that day. Thank you to all the muscle power and patience guys!


Matt with the guys again.


Goodbye little NY apartment...you served our family well. Good times were had and good friends made.

3 comments:

THK ~ Jonathan and Jill said...

WOW - Back to Provo!!! I am so excited for you and your family!!! We loved BYU's MBA program . . . it will be a great experience for you all. Hope you are all settling in well and we will have to try and come see you when we are down in the fall!

Love ya - Jill

Sarah said...

We miss you!

Adam and Kristin said...

Yeah, I am excited you guys are moving a little closer! New York is so far away! I think Provo is just a fun place! You will enjoy it! Also, the MBA program is AMAZING! Your husband is going to love it! Enjoy your new place!!!